Enter a keyword such as an author's name or subject to help narrow your results.
The reading levels range from the Kindergarten to 12th grade. The search can be narrowed down to the month of the school year.
For instance, if your child has just entered 5th grade, you would choose Grade 5, Month 1.
There are four levels of Interest in the Accelerated Reader and Reading Counts programs.
Interest level is based on the book's content, i.e. themes and ideas, and indicates for which age group a book is appropriate.
- Lower Grades (LG) - Kindergarten thru 3rd Grade
- Middle Grades (MG) - 4th Grade thru 8th Grade
- Middle Grades+ (MG+) - 6th Grade and Up
- Upper Grades (UG) - 9th Grade thru 12th Grade
- Kindergarten thru 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade thru 6th Grade
- 6th Grade thru 8th Grade
- High School
Lexile scale measures the difficulty of the text of the item, based on word frequency and sentence length.
This scale does not measure how appropriate the content may be for the age/grade level.
- 1st Grade - 190L to 530L
- 2nd Grade - 420L to 650L
- 3rd Grade - 520L to 820L
- 4th Grade - 740L to 940L
- 5th Grade - 830L to 1010L
- 6th Grade - 925L to 1070L
- 7th Grade - 970L to 1120L
- 8th Grade - 1010L to 1185L (1190L)*
- 9th Grade - 1050L to 1260L
- 10th Grade - 1080L to 1335L (1340L)*
- 11th Grade and 12th Grade - 1185L to 1385L (1190L - 1390L)*
*For clarity, the form provided by the Westerville Public Library has been altered to round to the nearest even number. Differences are shown above in parenthesis ().